- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
Laptop & Leibchen – From Space to Sports @TQ
31. Oktober 2019 | 18:30 – 21:00Kostenlos
Many advancements in technology started in space. NASA, ESA and other space agencies worldwide have created state-of-the-art galaxy exploration technology for astronauts that is in use now down here on Earth.
During this Laptop & Leibchen edition, we will talk to startups and an outer space expert about these collaborations.
Some examples include:
– NFL helmets – the shock-absorbent foam inside was developed for astronauts to lessen the impact of G-forces during liftoff and re-entry.
– Wireless headsets were developed for astronauts to talk with crew on Earth. Now coaches, players and referees use wireless headsets in several sports all over the world.
–– The Global Positioning System (GPS), originally developed by the U.S. military, is now an indispensable tactical tool for tracking and understanding game play on fields and pitches. Not only the US but also Europe has created a Global Navigation Satellite System, known as Galileo. It provides even greater precision than GPS or other systems. This has significant positive implications for many European services and users, i.e. critical, emergency response-services.
18:30 h Registration & grab a drink
19:00 h Welcome by Eintracht Frankfurt & TQ
19:10 h Panel discussion: From Space to Sports
– Space Expert (to be confirmed)
– Startup: Tracktics (known from Höhle der Löwen), Benjamin Bruder, Founder & CEO
– Startup: Panda Insight, Maximilian Weiß, Founder & CEO
20:00 h Networking
21:00 h End
Please note: this event will be held in German.
Thanks for the support of cesah! The operator of an ESA BIC actively participates in the event and provides speakers. The Centre for Satellite Navigation Hesse supports Laptop&Leibchen within the ESA initiative #SpaceTalks.