Offered Salary 1000
Career Level Manager
Co-Founder & CEO (with equity options)
… for Bikebeat, the high-tech carbon bicycle wheels startup with an innovative, automated braiding technology. Founded in 2018, tested “very good” in RoadBike Magazine Germany (more information here) among others, and having a strong global community (latest test from Australia here).
About the CEO position
The founding team bootstrapped BikeBeat from zero to one the past three years. The brand has grown into a love brand for special interest customers across the globe that expect uncompromising performance. Now, it is time for us to do the next step, build up the team and grow the company.
We are looking for a Co-Founder & CEO (f/m/x) who will take full control over all company’s strategic and business aspects. You will be responsible for giving the proper strategic direction as well as creating a vision for success, helping to drive the company’s development and guide it towards long-term success.
We expect you to be an excellent manager and an inspiring leader, with a strong business mindset and excellent online and offline sales skills. Besides, you should be able to see the “big picture” in various settings and take actions to enhance the company’s cash flow while building out the team.
You have true entrepreneurial blood flowing through your veins, being able to take the lead in all situations and drive the decision-making process together with the shareholders.
We are deeply passionate about BikeBeat as a company, about our high-tech products, and our customers. It is the very foundation of our success. We have the same expectation for the role of CEO. Therefore it comes along with the requirement of co-ownership.
CEO responsibilities are:
- Drive the vision for the company, define and execute the overall strategy from today to further scale; including long-term goals
- Prepare and close a funding round right after the start (we will support and provide you with access to our network of investors), as well as building strong relationships with our investors
- Scale and grow the company team
- Accelerate and grow the company’s sales network not only online but also through offline channels
- Manage all operations and business activities. Make sure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission
- Make high-quality investing decisions to advance the business and increase profits
- Control the compliance to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics
- Build or explore financial and non-financial reports and develop solutions or improvements based on the analysis results
- Maintain trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders
- Investigate challenging situations and occurrences and develop solutions to ensure the company’s stable operation and growth
- Stay informed about the current situation in the markets and industry of the company
CEO requirements are:
- Experience in building a start-up or growing a smaller company
- P&L responsibilities at CEO level (or head-of a significant business unit)
- Familiar working in and leading agile, fast-growing product businesses with digital-first strategies
- Good experience with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of finance and performance management principles
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong communication and public speaking skills
- MSc or MA degree in business administration or other relevant areas
CEO should-haves are:
- Industry expertise
- High interest and passion for biking