Offered Salary 1000
Career Level Manager
Job ID 00000328989
Date posted 08.07.2022
Location Neu-Isenburg, Hesse
Boeing Global Services Germany is currently looking for a Cloud Architect / Cloud Dev-Lead (m/f/d) on designing and leading development efforts on Boeing’s API Economy (Aero Insight) and Smart Data Services with Jeppesen’s aeronautical mapping data. This position will focus on supporting the Digital Aviation Solutions (DAS) Portfolio organization in Boeing Global Services. You will be part of an Integrated Product Team (IPT), located at Digital Solutions & Analytics Innovation Lab in Neu-Isenburg near Frankfurt. You will craft and innovate on new cloud-based software solutions for use in airline and airport operations worldwide (as example, the image below illustrates a sample dashboard of the Aero Insight analytics API for aircraft taxi times and taxi time prediction at airports).
As a Cloud Architect (m/f/d), you’ll be helping our organization transform as we build cloud-native API’s and web-applications supporting customer needs from across aerospace. You will work closely with internal scrum teams to assess customer and application requirements, implement Cloud Architecture & DevOps principles, and provide architecture guidance based on the most appropriate cloud platform and cloud-native services. You will ensure application requirements are met, and security & quality are never compromised, while your cloud designs are cost-conscious. As a go-to resource for cloud expertise within the organization, you will be sharing your knowledge with partners across the organization, leading the way and enabling the broader team to operate with velocity.
- Translate business requirements and design innovative solutions in multi-cloud, multi-region, highly available environments
- Interactively work with Product Management, UxD, and SW-development leads to design and architect cloud solutions and related features and user stories
- Design and communicate cloud architectures / cloud features to agile development teams and validate implementation
- Validate and review with targeted customers and user personas early prototypes as well as to be deployed software releases
- Plan, roadmap and own the crafted architecture for implementation and perform a feature decomposition within a Scaled Agile development environment
- Maintain a strong security posture in infrastructure and application deployments and development environments
- Automate the deployment of cloud infrastructure in CI/CD pipelines in a “one-click deploy” method and leverage cloud-native services to support application deployment & development
- Stay ahead of on new cloud technologies and offerings and resolve how to integrate into existing architectures
- Mentor Architects across different teams about cloud standard processes, including training and demos and educate new-to-cloud Architects and architects
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of shown ability in cloud engineering, with a specialty in Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- Be a clear and confident communicator to technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience / Know-How in Business Cases / Business Plans for designing cloud architectures
- Possess strong experience in Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and CI/CD environments
- Possess knowledge of cloud security resources
- Possess a confirmed understanding of container orchestration and microservices
- Experience with networking in cloud environments
- Holding active AWS or Azure Professional certification
You can look forward to an attractive and inclusive workplace in an innovative global company with flat hierarchies and a good team spirit!
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in Germany. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN GERMANY. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
No, this position is not contingent upon program award